| This section includes documentation that cannot
be downloaded from this site that might be of interest to the practitioner,
but that we have not included here either because we do not have an electronic
copy available, because some of the documents have to be purchased or because we have not (yet) received permission for inclusion
onto this site. When such information is available on the Internet, we have
however provided a link to the corresponding site.
Note that we cite first those elements that have an on-line access, and then those for which we have a reference but for which we have no URL available. The order of the citations is irrelevant and does not necessarily indicate importance.
References - Online
- [SEC] Software Insight Tool of the U.S. Army CECOM Software Engineering Center, in particular refer to Domain 7 - Software Operation and Support. Check out also Req. 18 of the SIT Matrix.
- [SEC98] Computer Resources Life Cycle Management Plan (CRLCMP), U.S. Army CECOM Software Engineering Center, June 1998
- [GSAM3] Guidelines
for Successful Acquisition and Management of Software-Intensive Systems: Weapon Systems, Command and Control Systems, Management Information Systems - Version 3.0, May 2000 - Chapter
12: Software Support
- [GSAM4] Guidelines for Successful Acquisition and Management of Software-Intensive Systems: Weapon Systems, Command and Control Systems, Management Information Systems - Version 4.0, February 2003 - Chapter 16: Sustainment and Product Improvement.
- [AFOTEC94] AFOTEC-PAM-99-102-VOL-2, Software Support Resources Evaluation Guide Volume 2,, Air Force Operational and Test Evaluation Center (AFOTEC), Kirtland AFB, NM, USA, August 1994.
- [AFOTEC95] AFOTEC-PAM-99-102-VOL-5, Software Support Resources Evaluation Guide Volume 5, Air Force Operational and Test Evaluation Center (AFOTEC), Kirtland AFB, NM, USA, August 1995. <
- [Abran06] Abran, Alain; Estimation Models for Software Maintenance Based on Functional Size, DoD SoftwareTech News, Vol. 9, no. 3, September 2006.
- [Aldridge96] Aldridge, Jon K.; PLRS and EPLRS: A Case Study in System Development and Post Deployment Software Support, Master's Thesis, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, CA, USA, December 1996.
- [April04] April, Alain at al.; Software Maintenance Maturity Model (SMmm): The softwrae maintenance process model, Journal of Software Maintenance and Evolution, 2004.
- [Archer89] Archer, T.; Ada in the Post Deployment Software Support Environment, Proceedings of the conference on Tri-Ada '89: Ada technology in context: application, development, and deployment, Pages: 68 - 81, 1989
- [Banowetz94] Banowetz, Virgil; An Evaluation of the Software through Pictures/T Tool (StP/T) for the Software Support Activity (SSA), INTERMETRICS INC WARMINSTER PA, November 1994.
- [Banker93] Banker Rajiv. D. et al; Software complexity and maintenance costs, Communications of the ACM, Volume 36 , Issue 11, pp 81 - 94, November 1993.
- [Basili96] Basili V. et al; Understanding and predicting the process of software maintenance release, Proceedings of the 18th international conference on Software engineering, ISBN:0-8186-7246-3, pp 464 - 474, 1996.
- [Bellomo05] Bellomo, Stephany; Software Supportability: A Software Engineering Perspective, SAIC, Conference in: 8th Annual Systems Engineering Conference, October 2005.
- [Bradley93] Bradley D. Carter et al; A pilot software maintainability study of a scientific program, Department of Computer Science, Mississippi State University, August 1993.
- [Brumert98] Brummert K.L , Mischler P.; Software Support Cost Estimating Models: A Comparative Study of Model Content and Parameter Sensitivity, Air Force institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH, USA, Sept. 1998.
- [Butts93] Buts, F.F., III Johndro, A.C.; Guidelines for Ensuring Software Supportability in Systems Developed Under the Integrated Weapon System Management Concept, Thesis, Doc. No. AFIT/GSS/LAS/93D-1, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH, USA, December 1993.
- [Budlong93] Budlong, F.C.; Stanko, J.J.; Using software document evaluations to enhance software supportability, Digital Avionics Systems Conference, 1993. 12th DASC., AIAA/IEEE, 25-28 Oct. 1993.
- [DACS03], Lindvall, M.; Komi-Sirviö, S.; Costa,
P., and Seaman, C. (Fraunhofer Center for Experimental Software Engineering
Maryland and The University of Maryland), Embedded Software Maintenance, Draft, January 2003.
- [DelPrincipe01], Littlejohn, K.; DelPrincipe, M.V.; Preston, J.D.; Calloni, B.A.; Reengineering: An Affordable Approach for Embedded Software Upgrade, Crosstalk, December 2001.
- [Cannon07], Cannon, C.J.; Cost Estimation of Post Production Software Support in Ground Combat Systems, Master's Thesis, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterrey, CA, USA, September 2007.
- [DeLucia02] De Lucia, A.; Pompella, E.; Stefanucci, S.; Effort estimation for corrective software maintenance, ACM International Conference Proceeding Series; Vol. 27, ISBN:1-58113-556-4, pp 409 - 416, 2002.
- [DiNucci02], Di Nucci, S.; Canadian National Defense
3rd Annual Software Engineering Workshop, Software Supportability in the Royal Air Force, February 2002.
- [Doloff95] Dolloff, Scott C.; Post Deployment Software Support of the U.S. Army's Special Operations Aircraft: A Software Acquisition Management Case Study, Master's Thesis, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterrey, CA, USA, December 1995.
- [Garg98] Garg, S. et al.; Analysis of Preventive Maintenance in Transactions Based Software, IEEE Transactions on Computers, Vol.47, No. 1, January 1998
- [Gartner05] Gartner, J.; Maberry, S.; O'Connell W.; Data Warehouse Software Maintenance Strategy, IBM Corporation, June 2005.
- [Gimble94] Gimble, T.F. et al; Software Testing During Post-Deployment Support of Weapon Systems, Report IG/DOD-94-175, Office of the Inspector General, U.S. DoD, August 1994.<
- [Glazewski94], Glazewski, Steven & Reisner, John; Soft-side of Logistics, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH School of Systems and Logistics, USA, April 1994.
- [Grobstein01], Grobstein, J.E.; Software Metrics for Post Deployment Software Support Systems: A Case Analysis for the Chemical Accountability Management Information Network, Master's Thesis, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterrey, CA, USA, June 2001.
- [Haldeman01], Haldeman D.G. et al; A COTS-Based Replacement Strategy for Aging Avionics Computers, Crosstalk, December 2001.
- [Hager94], Hager, J.A.; Chmura, L.J.; Developing Software for Ease of Change: Metrics from Later in the TRALAB System Life Cycle, Report NRL/MR/8140-94-7479, Naval Research Laboratory,
- [Haley89] Haley, Debra L.; Software Supportability - A quality initiative, Air Force Journal of Logistics. Volume 13, Number 1, Winter 1989.
- [Hall99] Hall,R.S.; Heimbigner, D.; Wolf, A.L.; A cooperative approach to support software deployment using the software dock, Proceedings of the 21st international conference on Software engineering, ISBN:1-58113-074-0, pp 174-197, 1999.
- [Hartzman93] Hartzman, Carl s.; Austin, Charles F.; Maintenance productivity: observations based on an experience in a large system environment, IBM Centre for Advanced Studies Conference, Proceedings of the 1993 conference of the Centre for Advanced Studies on Collaborative research: software engineering - Volume 1, pp 138-170, 1993.
- [Hefley87], Hefley W.E. et al; CMU/SEI-87-TR-042, Issues in software: A Blue Two Visit Feasibilily Assessment, Software Engineering Institute (SEI), Carnegie Mellon University, January 1988.
- [Hemenway94] Hemenway, Mark & Lafond, Ronald H.; National Missile Defense Post Deployment Software Support: A Methodology for Manpower and Personnel Requirements Assessment, U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command, May 1994.
- [Herrin85], Herrin, W.R.; Software maintenance costs: a quantitative evaluation, Proceedings of the sixteenth SIGCSE technical symposium on Computer Science education, ISBN:0-89791-152-0, 233 - 237, 1985
- [Hicks96] Hicks, P.R.; Adapting Legacy Systems for DO-178B Certification, Crossatlk, August 2006.
- [Hooimeijer07] Hooimeijer, Pieter; Weimar, Westley; Modeling bug report quality, Proceedings of the twenty-second IEEE/ACM international conference on Automated software engineering, Maintenance Session, ISBN:978-1-59593-882-4, pp 34-43, 2007
- [Howell90] Howell, G.T.; McCord, J.W.; Support environment methodologies for the rapid reprogramming ofoperational flight programs, AUTOTESTCON apos;90. IEEE Systems Readiness Technology Conference. apos;Advancing Mission Accomplishment, 17-21 Sep 1990 Pages 275 - 280.
- [Huff07] Huff, L.; Performance-Based Software Sustainment for the F-35 Lightning II, Crosstalk, December 2007.
- [Hulse99], Hulse, C. et al; Reducing maintenance costs through the application of modern software architecture principles, Proceedings of the 1999 annual ACM SIGAda international conference on Ada, ISSN:1094-3641, pp 101-110, 1999
- [Johndro94] Johndro, A.C; Ferens, D.V.; Ensuring software supportability during acquisition: an Air Forcecase study; Aerospace and Electronics Conference, 1994. NAECON 1994., Proceedings of the IEEE 1994, 23-27 May 1994, Page(s):820 - 826 vol.2
- [Jones94] Jones, Mark C; The Effects of Budget Cuts on Army Material Command Post Deployment Software Support Facilities, Master's Thesis, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, CA, USA, June 1994.
- [Jones07] Ones, Capers; Geriatric Issues of Aging Software, Crosstalk, December 2007
- [Johndro94] Captain A.C. Johndro & D.V. Ferens; Ensuring Software Supportability during Acquisition: An Air Force case Study, Air Force Journal of Logistics. Volume 18, Number 4, Fall 1994.
- [Krishan94] Krishan, Mayuram S.; Software release management: a business perspective, IBM Centre for Advanced Studies Conference, Proceedings of the 1994 conference of the Centre for Advanced Studies on Collaborative research, page 36, 1994.
- [Kwenvold91]Kvenvold, D.J.; Computer Resources Life Cycle Management Plan (CRLCMP) generation tool, Aerospace and Electronics Conference, 1991. NAECON 1991., Proceedings of the IEEE 1991 National Conference, pp. 681-683 vol.2, 20-24 May 1991.
Lapham, Mary Ann; Sustaining Software-Intensive Systems - A Conumdrum, CMU-SEI, Conference in: 8th Annual Systems Engineering Conference, October 2005. Version from 2006.
- [Lapham06]. Lapham, May Ann, CMU/SEI-2006-TN-007, Sustaining Software-Intensive Systems, Software Engineering Institute (SEI), Carnegie Mellon University, May 2006.
- [Lougher93], Lougher, R.; Rodden, T.; Supporting long-term collaboration in software maintenance, Proceedings of the conference on Organizational computing systems, ISBN:0-89791-627-1, 228 - 238, 1993
- [Maciaszek05] Maciaszek, Leszek A.; Developing Supportable Enterprise Information Systems " Architectural, Managerial, and Engineering Imperatives, Proceedings of the 21st IEEE International Conference on Software Maintenance (ICSM'05) - Volume 00, SBN ~ ISSN:1063-6773 , 0-7695-2368-4, pp 721 - 722, 2005.
- [McCracken91a] Technical Report ASQB-GI-91-016-VOL-1: The Software Support Qualitative Assessment Methodology. Volume 1. Developing Quality Measures for Information Systems Support, Army Institute for Research in Management Information, Communications, and Computer Sciences, March 1991.
- [McCracken91b] Technical Report ASQB-GI-91-017: The Software Support Qualitative Assessment Methodology. Volume 2. The Review of Metrics for Developing an Information Systems Support Measurement Framework. Army Institute for Research in Management Information, Communications, and Computer Sciences, March 1991.
- [McCracken91c] Tecnical Report ASQB-GI-91-018: Software Support Qualitative Assessment Methodology - Volume 3. Implementing the Software Supportability Measure. - Final rept., Army Institute for Research in Management Information, Communications, and Computer Sciences, March 1991.
- [McCracken91d] Technical Report ASQB-GI-91-019: The Software Support Qualitative Assessment Methodology. Volume 4. Implementing the Support Organization Assessment Measure, Army Institute for Research in Management Information, Communications, and Computer Sciences, March 1991.
- [McCracken91e] Technical Report ASQB-GI-91-020: The Software Support Qualitative Assessment Methodology. Volume 5. Implementing the Operational Readiness Measure, Army Institute for Research in Management Information, Communications, and Computer Sciences, March 1991.
- [Morris90] Morris, D.; Avionics operational flight program software supportability; Digital Avionics Systems Conference, 1990. Proceedings., IEEE/AIAA/NASA 9th, 10/15/1990 - 10/18/1990, pages 265-267.
- [Naegle04], Nagel, B.R.; The Impact of Software Support on System Total Ownership Cost, Acquisition Research Working Paper Series, Report NPS-AM-04-007, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterrey, CA, U.S.A., July 2004.
- [Nilsen06] Nilsen, K.; Applying RAMS Principles to the Development of a Safety-Critical Java Specification, Crosstalk, February 2006.
- [Nissen05], Nissen, Mark; Post-Deployment Software Support (PDSS) and Configuration Management (CM), Naval Postgraduate School, Monterrey, CA, USA (Session 13 of the Course MN3309,Course on Software Acquisition).
- [Peercy87] Peercy, D.E.; Risk Assessment in the Maintenance Environment, IEEE Proceedings of International Conference on Software Maintenance/Management, 1987.
- [Peercy88] Peercy, D.E.; Risk Assessment Methodology for Software Supportability (RAMSS); Software Maintenance, 1988., Proceedings of the Conference on, 10/24/1988 - 10/27/1988, ISBN: 0-8186-0879-X.
- [Peercy92] Peercy, D., Watts, J. and Brechun, D., "A
Better Way to Achieve Supportability and Support of Software",
12th Annual Software Technology Conference, 4th May 2002.
- [Pentland91], Pentland, B.T.; Making the right moves: Towards a Social Grammar of Software support Hotlines, Doctor's Thesis, Massachussetts Institute of Technology, Sloan School of Management, June 1991
- [Radnov92] Radnov, Steven D.; Software Support Measurement and Estimating for Oracle Database Applications Using Mark II Function Points, Thesis, Doc. No. AFIT/GSS/LSY/92D-4, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH School of Systems and Logistics, USA, December 1992.
- [Ramil00} Ramil, Juan F.; Algorithmic cost estimation for software evolution, International Conference on Software Engineering, Proceedings of the 22nd international conference on Software engineering, ISBN:1-58113-206-9, pp 701 - 703, 2000.
- [Satterthwaite94] Satterthwaite, C.P.; Getting a Handle on Designing for Avionics Software Supportability and Maintainability- Final Report, Doc. No. WL-TR-94-1008, Wright Labs, Wright-Patterson AFB, February 1994.
- [Schumacher88] Schumacher, Gerald A.; Management and Support of Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) Computer Resources Used in Weapon System Applications, Thesis, Doc. No. AFIT/GSM/LSY/88S-24, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, December 1988.
- [SEI87TR02] Martin, A. and Deasy, K.; CMU/SEI-87-TR-002, Effect of
Software Support Needs on DoD Software Acquisition Policy: Part
1: A Framework for Analyzing Legal Issues, 1987.
- [SEI88TR04] Hansen, G. and Over, J.; CMU/SEI-88-TR-004, Evaluation
and Recommendations for Technology Insertion into Technical Order Maintenance,
Software Engineering Institute (SEI), Carnegie Mellon University, August 1987.
- [SEI03TN015] Jung, H-W, Goldenson, D.R.; CMU/SEI-2003-TN-015, CMM ® -Based Process Improvement and Schedule Deviation in Software Maintenance, July 2003.
- [SEI92TR031] Slomer, H., Christie, A.; CMU/SEI-92-TR-031, Analysis of a Software Maintenance System: A CASE Study, Software Engineering Institute (SEI), Carnegie Mellon University, November 1992.
- [SEI93TR8] Dart, S.A., Christie, A.M., Brown, A.W.; CMU/SEI-93-TR-008, A Case Study in Software Maintenance, Software Engineering Institute (SEI), Carnegie Mellon University, June 1993.
- [SEI97] Software Technology Roadmap - Maintenance of Operational Systems--An Overview, Software Engineering Institute (SEI), Carnegie Mellon University, January 1997.
- [SEI02] Software Technology Roadmap - Maintainability Index Technique for Measuring Program Maintainability, Software Engineering Institute (SEI), Carnegie Mellon University, March 2002.
- [SEPG04] Harvey, S., Weaver, B.; Applying CMMI® to a Production Support (Software Maintenance) Environment, SEPG 2004, March 2004.
- [Shirolkar03] Shirolkar, P.A.; Designing Supportability into Software, Master's Thesis, Massachussetts Institute of Technology, System Design & Management Program, February 2004
- [Stark97] Stark, G.S.; Measurements to Manage Software Maintenance, Crosstalk, July 1997.
- [Swanson99] Swanson, E. Burton; IS “maintainability”: should it reduce the maintenance effort?, ACM SIGMIS Database, Volume 30, Issue 1, ISSN:0095-0033, pp 65-76, Winter 1999.
- [Sward00] Sward, R.E.;
The Software Maintenance Spectrum: Using More than Just New Toys, Air Command And Staff College Maxwell AFB, AL, USA, April 2002.
- [Szulewski95] Szulewski, P.A.; Budlong, F.C; Metrics for Ada 95: Focus on Reliability and Maintainability, Crosstalk, No.5, 1995.
- [Verma05] Verma, Dinesh; System Supportability and Life Cycle Product Support: A Systems Perspective , Stevens Institute of Technology,
8th Annual Systems Engineering Conference, October 2005.
- [Warner93] Warner Jr., Ronald R.; Wright, Darrel L.; Demonstration of Improved Software Support Labor Estimation For Air Force Operational Flight Programs Through Functional Orientation, Report AFIT/GSS/LAS/93D-7, Master's Thesis, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH School of Systems and Logistics and Acquisition Management, December 1993
- [Wile89] Wile, D.B.; Software logistics support analysis,
Proceedings of the IEEE 1989 National
Aerospace and Electronics Conference, 1989. NAECON 1989., vol. 3, pp. 1228-1231, May 1989.
- [Watts00], Watts, Jeff; New Directions to achieve Software Support, February 2000
- [Young], Young, Terry; Manageability, Maintainability, and Supportability
- [RCGlobal] Pigoski, Thomas M.; Template for a Software Maintenance Plan (summary only)
Software Supportability References - Offline
- [Appelton95] Appleton, D.P.; Software Maintenance/Maintainability - An End-User's view fromthe U.K. Royal Air Force, SAE G-11 RMSL Committee, SAE, May 1995.
- [Barber91], Barber, Brent L.; Investigative Search of Quality Historical Software Support Cost Data and Software Support Cost-Related Data, Report AFIT/GSS/LSY/91D-1, Thesis, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH School of Systems and Logistics and Acquisition Management, December 1991.
- [Barker82] Barker, S.J.; Hambling, B.; The Military User View of Software Support Throughout the In-Service Life of Avionic Systems, Conference paper 43 in: AGARD-CP-330, Software for Avionics, NATO Advisory Group for Aerospace Research and Development, Avionic's Panel 44th Symposium, September 1982.
- [Droll90] Droll, R.J.; Software Supportability - Critical Path for System Readiness, International Logistics Symposium, No. 25, pp 233-241, SOLE, August 1990.
- [Ferens92] Ferens; Software configuration management on the fast track to logistics supportability, International Logistics Symposium, No. 27, pp 233-243, SOLE, August 1992.<
- [Hermanson89] Hermanson, S.; Software supportability - A manager's perspective, AIAA/NASA Symposium, Doc. No. AIAA-89-5052, July 1989.
- [Hoessel84] Hoessel, W.; Huebner, W.; Peercy, D.E.; Richardson, G. D.; Software Supportability Risk Assessment in OT&E (Operational Test and Evaluation): Literature Review, Current Research Review, and Data Base Assemblage, Report BDM/A-84-322-TR, BDM CORP ALBUQUERQUE NM, September 1984.
- [Huebner84a] Huebner, Walter & Peercy, David E.;, Software Supportability Risk Assessment in OT&E (Operational Test and Evaluation): An Evaluation of Risk Methodologies, Report BDM/A-84-496-TR, BDM CORP ALBUQUERQUE NM, August 1984.
- [Huebner84b] Huebner, Walter & Peercy, David E.; Software Supportability Risk Assessment in OT&E (Operational Test and Evaluation): Measures for a Risk Assessment Model, Report BDM/A-84-565-TR, BDM CORP ALBUQUERQUE NM, September 1984.
- [Meyer80] Meyer, K.; Airborne Systems Software Acquisition Engineering Guidebook for Supportable Airborne Software, Report TRW-30323-6015-TU-00, TRW DEFENSE AND SPACE SYSTEMS GROUP REDONDO BEACH CA, October 1980.
- [Pacheco87] Pacheco, Thomas; "An Investigative Search of Variables Impacting Software Support Costs",
Master's thesis, Thesis, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH School of Systems and Logistics and Acquisition Management, December 1987.
- [Peercy81] Peercy, D.E.; "A Software Maintainability Evaluation Methodology ",
IEEE TRansactions on Software Engineering, July/August 1981, Vol. 7 N0. 4, pp343-351.
- [Peercy85a] Peercy, David E. & Huebner, Walter; Software Supportability Risk Assessment in OT&E (Operational Test and Evaluation): Historical Baselines for Risk Profiles. Volume 1, Report BDM/A-85-0510-TR-VOL-1, BDM CORP ALBUQUERQUE NM, October 1985.
- [Peercy85b] Peercy, David E. & Huebner, Walter; Software Supportability Risk Assessment in OT&E (Operational Test and Evaluation): Historical Baselines for Risk Profiles. Volume 2, Report BDM/A-85-0510-TR-VOL-2, BDM CORP ALBUQUERQUE NM, October 1985.
- [Peercy86a] Peercy, David E. & Huebner, Walter; Risk Assessment Methodology for Software Supportability (RAMSS): Guidelines for Adapting Software Supportability Evaluations, Report BDM/ABQ-86-0090-T, BDM CORP ALBUQUERQUE NM, April 1986.
- [Peercy86b] Peercy, David E. & Huebner, Walter; Risk Assessment Methodology for Software Supportability (RAMSS): User's Handbook, Report BDM/A-85-1270-TR, BDM CORP ALBUQUERQUE NM, April 1986.
- [Peercy86c] Peercy, David E. & Huebner, Walter; Risk Assessment Methodology for Software Supportability (RAMSS): Pilot Evaluation Results and Methodology Refinement, Report BDM/ABQ-86-0360-TR, BDM CORP ALBUQUERQUE NM, April 1986.
- [Peercy86d] Peercy, David E.; A framework for risk assessment of software supportability. IEEEConference on Software Maintenance, ISBN:0-8186-0648-7, pp. 120-127, 1985.
- [Sunday89] Sunday, D.A.; Software Maintainability - a new "ility", Northrop Corp., Proceedings, Annual R&M Symposium, 1989, pp 50-51, January 1989.
Software Reliability References
- [BASILI02] Basili, Vic, Boehm, Barry, and others, "What We Have
Learned About Fighting Defects," Proceedings of the Eighth IEEE
Symposium on Software Metrics (METRICS™02), IEEE Computer Society, 2002.
- [DACS02] DACS CD, "Software Reliability Source Book," Data and Analysis Center for Software.
- [FALLA96] Falla, Mike, "Results and Achievements from the DTI/EPSRC
R&D Programme in Safety Critical Systems," Edited by Mike Falla,
Motor Industry Software Reliability Association, November 1996. http://www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/computing/resources/scs/
- [HELAN98] Helander, M., Shao, M., and Ohlsson, N. "Planning Models
for Software Reliability and Cost," IEEE Transactions on Software
Engineering, Vol 24, Number 6, June 1998, pp 420-434.
- [HERRM99] Herrmann, D., Software Safety and Reliability: Techniques,
Approaches, and Standards of Key Industrial Sectors, IEEE Computer Society,
Los Alamitos, CA, 1999.
- [JONES97] Jones, Capers, "Software Quality In 1997: What Works
and What Doesn't," Software
Productivity Research, 1997.
- [LAKEY97] Lakey, Peter and Neufelder, Ann Marie, "System and
Software Reliability Assurance Notebook," Rome Laboratory Report,
Griffiss Air Force Base, Rome NY, 1997. http://www.cs.colostate.edu/~cs530/rh/
- [LEVESON95] Leveson, Nancy G., Safeware: System Safety and Computers,
Addison Wesley Publishing Company, 1995.
- [LITTLEWOOD] Littlewood, B. and Strigini, L., "Software Reliability
and Dependability: a Roadmap, in The Future of Software Engineering",
State of the Art Reports given at the 22nd Int. Conf. on Software Engineering,
Limerick, June 2000, (A. Finkelstein, Ed.), pp. 177-188, ACM Press,
- [LYU96] Lyu, Michael, Handbook of Software Reliability Engineering,
ISBN 0-07-039400-8, McGraw Hill, 1996.
- [MUSA92] Musa, John D. "Operational Profiles in Software Reliability
Engineering," IEEE Software, March 1993, pages 14-32.
- [MUSA99] Musa, John D., Software Reliability Engineering, McGraw-Hill
Book Company, NY, 1999.
- [NEUF02] Neufelder-Owner, A., N., "The Facts About Predicting
Software Defects and Reliability," Journal of the RAC, 2ndQ, 2002,
- [Nilsen06] Nilsen, K.; Applying RAMS Principles to the Development of a Safety-Critical Java Specification, Crosstalk, February 2006.
- [PRIM97] PRIM-97, "Worldwide Reliability & Maintainability
Standards," Reliability Analysis Center, IIT Research Institute
/ Reliability Analysis Center, Rome, NY, 1997.
- [Russo92] Russo, Leonard l.; "Software System Safety Guide", US Army Communications & Electronics Command, May 1992.
- [SCHN97] Schneidewind, N., "Reliability Modeling for Safety-Critical
Software," IEEE Transactions on Reliability, Vol 46, Number 1,
March 1997, pp 88-98.
- [SSSHDBK99] Joint Software System Safety Committee and EIA G-46 Committee,
"Software System Safety Handbook," Joint Services Computer
Resources Management Group, U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, 1999.
- [SWTech04} DoD Software Tech News, Software Reliability Engineering, December 2004, Vol. 8 no. 1.
- [SWTech04} DoD Software Tech News, Software Reliability, March 2002, Vol. 3 no. 4.
- [Trivendi01] Trivedi, Kishor S., Probability and Statistics with Reliability,
Queuing, and Computer Science Applications, John Wiley and Sons, New
York, 2001., ISBN number 0-471-33341-7
- [Trivendi02] Trivedi, Kishor S., Software Aging & Rejuvenation: Modeling and Analysis, SHAMAN 2002 Keynote address, June 2002
- [XTALK03] CrossTalk, "Programming Languages," Journal of
Defense Software Engineering, Vol. 16 No. 2, February 2003.